Friday, July 9, 2021

Published July 09, 2021 by with 0 comment

A SONG OF REPENTANCE


Deep within my intent I dig to find if I am wrong,

If I made my mining to find gold within me to give

The truest love and lasting longing to honour my beloved, 

When I wake my mornings far and lonely, 

Walking the daylight for home.

I have reasons to pride the purity of my words writ in sincerity-

In the wincing of your sigh I feel the hurt you ache,

In the tears you waste I fail to give my warmth,

Yet in the laughter you echo godly bliss I rejoice,

In the glint of rare smile I have heaven before me.


If I failed to make life better in how you long to weave,

And instead gave so much pain to darken our home;

If I faltered in my ignorance to etch towards a dream 

you envisioned,

Tell me my love, in graceful words to heal,

for I shall mend my wrong when I have marred your dreams!

      edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment