Thursday, June 24, 2021

Published June 24, 2021 by with 2 comments

A COLD KISS IN A RESTAURANT


Sitting there in front of her brought me comfort and immense joy. It was a soothing relief to be away from work and the stifling personal worries. The breeze from the window behind her sent her curly hair dancing.
Her face glowed like a sanguine sunset under the orange light above us. Her eyes sparkled with delight of a first date with her first lover. We sat in a corner of a bar where the shadows hid us from the customers suspiciously peering at us.
'Oglers!!!" I sneered at myself, feeling jealous. I wanted to get into some dungeon away from hungry-mongers. Her hands were in mine. It was cold, but smooth and moist from the sweat of romance.
I offered her a small Coca Cola retrieved from the bartender's 12th century rusted refrigerator.
"I will pour for you." I said. She was happy at my gentlemanly gesture.
I poured into her mouth the first few drips. She loved it. She giggled shyly. She smiled as the vapours of Coca Cola fizzed on her sanguine cheeks. Her smile was warmer than her hands.
In a quick move, like the Spiderman, I bent over and kissed her, tasting her breath and the sweet fluids. She was cold. I knew it was the fan above that chilled her tender skin.
I dragged myself to the window, closer to her. I am not sure who began first, but we clasped on to each other as if to drink each other to the last. I put my lips on her fine, smooth, and Cola sweetened lips. She shivered like I was suddenly stepping out into the blizzard. I felt the inviting cold touch caressing my lips. I held on, and did she.
As I laid her back, I was breathless. I felt an unearthly warmth surge through my heart and into my veins. I shivered again, and this time I felt like I was thrown into a furnace, and blushed with shyness.
Two more kisses, almost a French one, and I walked out leaving her alone.
As I paid the bill at the counter, I saw her on the table still and shocked; no more sanguine, no more sparkling. One more kiss and I could have slept with her right there!

I emptied two pegs of Courier and half a litre of coca cola in that dark corner. I sat facing an empty chair by the window, behind which was hung a portrait of Layap woman. My imagination was getting wilder even as I walked out of the restaurant. I realised that two pegs was too much for me to drink alone.
      edit

2 comments: