Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Published May 26, 2021 by with 0 comment

RAISED BY MOTHERS


My mother and her sisters have been mothers to me and my siblings. These are women nursed from a home of parents who are staunch yet humble Buddhist, devoted people of prayers. Their compassion and goodness, trustworthiness and integrity, industry and humility have been infused into my life stream. These timeless values strengthen my capacity to live with modest richness of values I adhere to.



They did not teach me alphabets and numbers. I learnt it at school.They did not, and never needed to, coerce me to write home works or study for exams. Because I was guided by principles they lived with, I was self-guided, never failing the hope they had from me as an eldest among all of their children. 

I was never one of those students who had their parents visit head master's office for nuisance and study problems. I never learnt to win by crooked means, lied for selfish gain or hold grudges for what I lost. I forgave easily  even those who hurt me.

There never was reason for them to worry for my examination results, and where I was heading how. I spent time reading comics and books when I had free time. Books were what kept me happier than anything else.

I believe it takes a family of inspirations, epitome of peerless personalities and variety of humane principles to groom a child to become a good human being. It indeed takes a village to raise a child, and my village was surrounded by my mother’s sisters and brothers who were caring, loving and firm. Their morale virtues seeped into my being through their examples and words.

How can we expect a good future of a child from a broken home, if parents, relatives, teachers and everyone around a child fail to exemplify something warm about a child's home?Every birth comes with their karmic deeds, and my deeds gave me parents no other could have. 



It is not only the accomplishments of two individuals for what become of a child and his future. We need mothers as many, and fathers as much to create 'an enlightened society' of good Bhutanese.

In the picture, the first divinity is my mother, and rest are all divine.

      edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment